Friday, March 24, 2006

A meaningful day..

HO~HO~HO~ It's my birthday! AMEN!!!! Give thanks to the Lord for He has given me the opportunity to be born in this world as a human =)
A very special day... 24th March 1986... In Sentosa Hospital [now the hospital is demolished T.T I don't even have the chance to see that hospital! However, I have been to that place after the hospital is no longer there...] , a very loud cry from the delivery room. After 10 months of pregnancy, with great pain, with tears in the eyes, a great women have gave birth to a baby girl.. Blood covering the small little girl yet a smile is hung on everyone's face.. Everyone wanted to get their hands on the new born child... Wanting to know how the child looks like, wanting to know how cute the little one is, wanting to know what the baby girl is doing at that very moment...
The hospital is filled with joy, happiness and pleasant atmosphere... That baby girl is given a name... A name that is given by her grandfather and mom... A name with a great meaning in chinese... Lau Shan Shang.. 劉珊杉....
Well in chinese, 珊湖 is coral. Well coral are always described as beautiful and unique. As for 杉, there is a tree in Japan called "Shan shu" [杉樹], it is super tall as though its touching the sky! So by combining the two words, it actually bring out the meaning of beautiful and tall. That what my grandparents and parent wished for... A girl that is beautiful and tall will soon be rise up by them.... Hmm... Disappointment?? Hehe..
I am seriously very happy right now... Looking at how God has blessed me through my birthday... I will talk about my birthday celebration in the next post.. Hahaha.. Long story! Super long story.. It is almost 3.15am and I am still here, in front of the PC writing this... It is my birthday! hehehe... Too excited...

0 comments: