Tuesday, March 28, 2006

All praise to God...

A day... A day... A day that I do not know how to express myself....
A day... A day... A day that I do not know how to describe my feeling at all...
A day... A day... A day that I do not know how to face the Lord...
Words can't be used to describe my feeling,
Actions can't be used to indicate what is in my mind,
Keeping myself as quiet as possible is all I want to do right now.
I failed to find words nor actions to describe my day...
I got my result today.. Hmm... I got 4 B+
Looking at my result I don't think I deserved that yet I am complaining that I should get higher grades... However, when I reached home something just strike me...
"Did you study?"
This words.. Reminded me.... That I didn't study enough for the exam yet I got all B+ and the irony thing is I am complaining! *Ashame* Who am I to complain? Shouldn't I be thanking God for the blessing? I did pass all my subject after all and the result is better than what I am expected earlier!! I realise I have become a little result-oriented...
My eyes is somehow blinded by the world... All I can think off is money that I can earn in the near future with great result, my scholarship and many more about MONEY! Who said that with good result you can be successful in the future? Does Donald Trump and Bill Gates have good result? Aren't them famous and successful now?
A reminder to 633: Study hard and study smart for the Lord!
I read something very interesting while I am waiting for another class to start. Its goes
"Worship has nothing to do with receiving; it has everything to do with giving. You can't come to the Lord clinging to all of the things you hold dear and still really worship the Master. Your most expensive and prized possessions have to be emptied out before your worship will be pleasing to God. You must pour out pride and jealousy. You must pour out anger and lust. Fear and resentment must be poured out. Idolatry must be poured out. To worship the Lord in all sincerity, you must willing to take anything you treasure that is holding you back from worship and release it at the feet of Jesus. Then God can give you what He wants for you."
[cited from "And We Are Changed", Priscilla Shirer, foreword by Anne Graham Lotz]
Are you worrying too much on your future, like what I was worrying when I received my result? Is there holding you from worshiping the Lord? Money? Relationship? Past relationship? Family? Well this passage came out just nice... Applicable for what happened to me today.. I hope this will be a reminder to everyone of you out there...

4 comments:

sephirot said...

Will pray much for the encouragement and comfort for you that can only come from God. You can do better next time. Gambatte~

Shan Shang said...

=) thanks

D@nnY {-.-"} said...

well at least you're better than me.. haha.. when you feel bad of your results or anything, think of me, cuz you're still stepping on top of me.. haha.. funny? of course.. cuz i'm making a cold joke.. haha..

anyway, results were out, and rather than complain to God, praise God for such a result, and make it as your motivation to study even harder this semester. Let's do it together!! :)

Shan Shang said...

Amen! thanks for all the reminder to the cute little me =p

will keep that in mind n if in the future if i did forget.. do remind me again! hit me!

=)