Sunday, June 10, 2007

Thanks for the great grace upon me...

I was listening to the sermon today and something hit on me... *Not physically of cause* Out of the blue, I thought of a parable in the bible. "The Parable of the Lost Sheep"


Luke 15:1-7 .
Now the tax collectors and "sinners" were all gathering around to hear him. But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them."
Then Jesus told them this parable: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

I.... Suddenly felt happy because I am taking myself as the lost sheep.... I started to wonder will my life be the same if I were to know Him earlier... How come when people who are blessed with the opportunity to be in a Christian family doesn't seems to appreciate His words at all? Bored of listening to it? If you are being put in my shoe.... Would you think that the words will be boring? I grew up in a non-Christian family and going through all those jealousy, hatred and even trying to get attention situations are never fun and loving.

I just got a message yesterday from a friend (Used to be close friend, or should I use the word acquaintance instead of friend?)..... Yes, a close friend can easily leave you without you realising it.... I was disappointed when I was reading the SMS... She.... Basically renounced Christ. Claiming that day by day, she realised that all those words are fake... Calmly I accepted her opinion and started thinking.... Is it really fake or we choose to be ignorant towards the truth? Can anyone deny that the worldly things (eg power, sex and money) will lead many to change their attitude and turn to a different person in a short period of time? Until now, I haven see anything that is stated in the bible is claimed as "a mistake" or not fulfilled.

Always remember that things that happened in life is allowed by God. If things doesn't go the way we intended it to be, it doesn't mean that it is the worst nightmare in your life. Always keep in mind that God allowed it to take place and He has his own purpose for it. Don't be discourage, because there's no such thing as "prayers not answered". Even though after you pray, you didn't see any differences, that doesn't mean that God is not answering your prayer! Sometimes, whatever you pray is not conforming to God's plan, that's why you didn't see what you intended to take place in front of you. Sometimes, God thinks that it is not the time yet for things to take place.

Don't pray for something that's according to your own desires, you should know better that God will not allow it to take place. For instance, a child asking his/her parents to buy her/him a flame thrower as a toy. Definately, your parents will not buy you that because they know that it is dangerous for you and others! Same concept with prayers. Don't ask for something that will bring harm to you and others. Always read your bible so that your mind will conform to God and you will be praying a prayer that's conforming to God's will.

0 comments: