Sunday, December 10, 2006

Perseverance

Coming back from church with a troubled heart... Didn't realise how much damage I have done towards the people I love around me due to my immature way of thinking and own desires.. Why am I always bad at that area? Why can't I just put trust in Him without thinking twice? Why am I reluctant? As a child of God, aren't we suppose to be certain on what we should do? If we are not, there's always a guidance for us isn't it? Why then I am that lack of faith? Why then I act like the Israelite in the bible? Doesn't God showed me how powerful He is throughout my life? Why then am I reluctant on Him? Nevertheless, damages had been done... What can I do next but to put it in God's hand?

There are so many people out there going through trails that are hundres times harder than what I am going through now yet I didn't have the courage to stand up for the Lord. Think before I talk, talk with an humble heart, carry out action with God's wisdom, bearing good fruit, bearing good testimonials, etc.... Why can't I just devote myself whole-heartedly to the Lord? A very hard road indeed... Why can't I be like Peter and Andrew to answered God's calling immediately? Why wait?

I was greatly challenged by pastor's words to the congregation... God asked us to follow His words, are you doing it? It's that simple? Just follow His word... Nothing else.. But why am I so afraid? People who claimed themself as a "Christian", doesn't make you a true Christian... Only the anointed people will be saved by God, are you willing to bare the cross and walk with Him? We not only share the pain He went through on the cross for us but also sharing His righteousness! Take every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. (Hebrew 12:14). Am I a peacemaker?? Don't think so... Then will I ever see the Lord? I am really trying my level best...

Without doubt, sometimes, I do feel tired on holding on.. It is that hard to be a holy person... Every single thing in your life, people expect you to be on you best. If there is a mistake, everybody will hold on to it and use that as an excuse to discourage me. I really thank God for His strength all the while, if not, I don't think I will be here writing this to all of you... Exaggerating? To unbelievers, maybe... To me? No... Because it is that difficult to keep yourself holy and bear good a testimony in life. I really wish that from this day onwards, I will really listen to God and just do what He asked me to do... Not less than that and not more than that... I really hope that I can focus on Him and on Him alone... I really need strength to persereve....

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, who he has given us. (Romans 5:3-5)

Hai............................ Tomorrow is my final and somehow...................... I am so lazy to study............. 13 chapter................ 30 minutes of exam......................... Sigh...................... May I go in peace................

0 comments: