Monday, April 28, 2008

Isaiah 55

Received an unexpected message today morning. However, the news to me is nothing surprising nor unexpected. What surprise me the most is... LOVE. Something that I thought I have all this while but this time, God extended my "love" boundary. Am surprise as well that tears doesn't flow when I saw that message. ^.^

Tears flow only when I was reading the bible. Flipping through what I have learnt yesterday from church. Isaiah 55.

“Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk . Without money and without price.
2 Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
3 Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you— The sure mercies of David.
4 Indeed I have given him as a witness to the people, A leader and commander for the people.
5 Surely you shall call a nation you do not know, And nations who do not know you shall run to you, Because of the LORD your God, And the Holy One of Israel; For He has glorified you.”
6 Seek the LORD while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.
8 “ For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.
9 “ For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.
10 “ For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater,
11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
12 “ For you shall go out with joy, And be led out with peace; The mountains and the hills Shall break forth into singing before you, And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
13 Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress tree, And instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree; And it shall be to the LORD for a name, For an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.”

Well it turns out to be a comfort whilst a rebuke to me. Why is it so? Hehe, that is for me to think deeper and not for you all to find out =P But something interesting that I learnt from this passage yesterday is in verse 7. Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon.

Forsake his way and his thoughts. A person who is truly repented of his sin will be forsaking his way and wanting to do things according to God's ways. Furthermore, he will somehow hate his old ways and knowing that all those things are sinful (because not according to His will) and displeasing before God's eyes. Hence, not wanting to have any relationship with all his old ways anymore.

Though it is noted that self-denial is something very difficult, but I can assured you that it will be worth the price because God said in His latter verse that He is merciful and He will abundantly pardon. Give thanks to the Lord because He is merciful and gracious towards each and everyone of us. Though you might not be a Christian but let me tell you that God is still watching over you because of His mercy towards you. Else you won't be reading this post anymore because sin only leads you to death and not life. Repent now of your sin and turn to our Lord Jesus Christ. Seek Him while He may be found, so that you too will have an everlasting life....

0 comments: