Monday, September 24, 2007

A letter from a far far land...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)
*only the writer of the letter will know why I put this verse here soon.. Hahaha... ^^*

A letter "swan" through the sea from a far far land and ended up in my mail box today... I think this is one of the rare time I see my name appearing on a letter and ended up in my house mail box! I like receiving mails for some reason... A feeling that made me go understatement. Looking through my drawer, I still remember how my friend and I used to "mail" each other at school... I used to write to her and put it inside an envelope and pass it to her as she is just next door. During festive season, specially, CNY or Raya, I will then put the letter inside an red/green packet instead of envelope ^^ Ahh... Memories... I am still keeping all those letters! Reading through, I realized how childish I were! Hahaha..

Letter is something that you can feel.. You will somehow "see" the writer's feelings... I somehow felt that there is a sense of belonging... Well, there's so many people around the world but the writer chose to write to you! Aren't you happy with that news even before you open the letter to read the content? Well, at least I am... ^^ I like to write but somehow, I know, writing a letter really need a lot of time and thinking. There's once, I wrote a letter whole day but ended up writing it for the next 2 day! No, I am not writing a story book, in fact, that letter only has few pages but I spent a lot of time thinking... Pondering on what I should write and what I shouldn't. Then... The letter went to "locate" my receiver in a far far land as well.. A letter to an important person, that's why... Hahaha..

Ahh... Anyway, I am very happy to receive the mail... Though it is an outdated letter due to the delivery, I am glad that I have something that others don't have, which is, a letter from a far far land, directed to me, and only me... ^^ Thanks... I really appreciate your time for writing, whether are you reading this or not, I really wish to thank God for the letter...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

=)

Shan Shang said...

^^ Hopefully I got time to finish writing the letter... I am currently busy with some work... >.<"