Monday, June 5, 2006

Opportunities

Got this from a friend... Do browse through it =)
This a deep point that leads to different questions.....
1) What is our heart for God ?
2) Why did I become a disciple/Christian ?
3) Did i think this life would be easy and that there would be no challenges or struggles ?
Those opportunities to invest your life for Christ’s sake are God-given. What we decide reflects who we really are.
Point # 2----What is striking in this story is that this is not coincidental.
Let me put a serious thought on our minds this morning...Every 20 minutes there are six people who will die, thats 600,000 people or more who will die without knowing if they will go to heaven or hell......How should that make us feel ? and how urgent should we be in making sure that the population of the Earth knows about Christ ?
We should remember the words of our Lord and Saviour when he says that he didnt come to be served but to serve and give his life as a ransom for many (Matthew 20:28) that means that we are being called out of our comfort zone and called to do something great for God
I think to share a little on the first point....
I totally believe that God wants us to search for him through our time with Him but he wants us to take what he has given us and not only put it into practice but to share it with others......we may think that the time we have belongs to just us but in reality it belongs to God and we should use the time He gives us wisely and share what we have in Christ with others so that they to may enjoy a personal relationship with God
Do I stay with a smaller church that desperately needs me, or do I choose a larger, more prestigious congregation?
Those opportunities require risk when we would rather play it safe. What will I do with my life? What am I going to do with myself? Is it a sucker’s game to give myself for others when everyone else is looking out for themselves? Should I get involved with my neighbor’s problems which seem endless and beyond any solutions? Should I try to help or should I read my Bible, study, and pray?
Life is made up of opportunities in which we make decisions that count for our Master.
there are two points that i would briefly like to cover..........
1)
To have listeners realize and apply how opportunities work out their commitment. "Talents" represent the opportunities that God gives to us. What does that mean? We are given the opportunities to invest and use our natural abilities, not for ourselves, but for Jesus Christ.
2)
Our true commitment is seen in how we respond to the opportunities that are given to us. TEXT: "For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them. And to one he gave five talents, to another, two, and to another, one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey. Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents. And likewise he who had received two gained two more also. But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord’s money. After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them" (Matthew 25:14-30).
OPPORTUNITIES GOD GIVES US TO SERVE HIM

0 comments: