Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bible verse for encouragement

I have swept away your offenses like a cloud,
your sins like the morning mist.
Return to me, for I have redeemed you.
(Isaih 44:22)

And we know that in all things God works
for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose.
(Romans 8:28)

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.
Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD,

for I hide myself in you.
Teach me to do your will,for you are my God;

may your good Spiritlead me on level ground.
For your name's sake, O LORD,

preserve my life;in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.
In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;

destroy all my foes,for I am your servant.
(Psalm 143:8-12)


God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way

and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam

and the mountains quake with their surging.Selah
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,

the holy place where the Most High dwells.
God is within her, she will not fall;

God will help her at break of day.
Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;

he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
The LORD Almighty is with us;

the God of Jacob is our fortress.Selah
Come and see the works of the LORD,

the desolations he has brought on the earth.
He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;

he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
he burns the shields with fire.
"Be still, and know that I am God;

I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."
The LORD Almighty is with us;

the God of Jacob is our fortress.Selah
(Psalm 46)


But he said to me,
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses,
so that Christ's power may rest on me.
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight

in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.
For when I am weak, then I am strong.
(2 corinthians 12:9-10)


I am not saying this because I am in need,
for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.
I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation,
whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
(Phil 4:10-13)

0 comments: