Friday, January 13, 2006

~~ ******** ~~

Give ear to my words, O Lord,

consider my sighing.

Listen to my cry for help,

my King and my God,

for to you I pray.

In the morning, O Lord,

You hear my voice;

in the morning I lay my requests before you,

and wait in expectation.

You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil;

with you the wicked cannot dweel.

The arrogant cannot stand in your presence;

you hate all who do wrong.

You destroy those who tell lies;

bloodthirsty and deceitful men the Lord abhors.

But I, by your great mercy,

will come into your house;

in reverence will I bow down

toward your holy temple,

Lead me, O Lord,

in your righteousness

because of my enemies --

make straight your way before me.

Not a word from their mouth can be trusted;

their heart is filled with destruction.

their throat is an open grave;

with their tongue they speak deceit.

Declare them guilty, O God!

Let their intrigues be their downfall.

Banish them for their many sins,

for they have rebelled against you.

But let all who take refuge in you be glad;

let them ever sing for joy.

spread your protection over them,

that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous;

you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

0 comments: